CNA Resume Sample
Danny Sample, CNA
1234 Main St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
Certified nursing assistant with 15+ years experience in home-base and nursing center environments. CPR
certified and registered with the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Skilled in direct patient care. Cultivate
strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care. Desire to utilize nursing skills in a hospital setting.
Nursing Assistant, 12/2010 - 05/2011
Sunny Home Health Care – San Francisco, CA
● Oversaw care for a terminally ill family member as a home health nurse at a private home.
● Facilitated patient care initiatives in a post-procedure setting by administering medication and
carrying out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments.
● Assessed patient status and reported any changes to appropriate health care staff.
● Ensured proper hygiene and equipment cleanliness by flushing G tube, cleaning and monitoring site
and assisting with patient bathing, dressing, and grooming.
● Provided transportation for patient, accompanying her to medical appointments and
● Administered medication for pain management to provide client with comfort in daily living.
● Prepared TPN and IV fluids and ran fluids as ordered by physicians.
10/2007 - 10/2010
Primary Care Provider – San Francisco, CA
● Led care initiatives for terminally ill brother by working as a home health nurse.
● Assisted patient with daily activities such as feeding, bathing, dressing and grooming.
● Provided colostomy care and administered medication for pain management in accordance with
current physician recommendations.
● Monitored vital signs and blood glucose levels to ensure medications were effective.
● Facilitated medical visits to communicate current status to health care staff.
● Reported any health care status changes to appropriate health care staff to maintain accurate
Certified Nursing Assistant, 05/2000 - 07/2007
Presby Home Service – San Francisco, CA
● Provided residents of an assisted care facility with daily activities including bathing, dressing,
grooming, feeding and toileting.
● Assessed patient care initiatives by monitoring intake and outputs as well as measuring and
charting vital signs.
● Resolved mobility issues by using mechanical lifts or proper transfer techniques and helped
residents ambulate by using a transfer belt.
● Prevented patients from acquiring sores related to being stationary too long by performing range
of motion and turning/positioning.
● Assisted nurses in placing catheters, emptying and changing bags.
● Performed skin assessments and applied non-sterile dressings, bandages as well as IV therapy
to accurately report observations for health care staff.