Business Analyst Resume Sample
PEYTON A. GARRETT 5127 “Q” Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15122 H: 412.555.1595 firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst with background leveraging CPA credentials and hands-on
experience in quantitative / statistical analysis, budgeting, accounting, and forecasting.
• Provide robust modeling and reporting to facilitate executive-level decision making.
• Strong analytical skills; support business operations through analysis of key performance indicators and
• Consensus-driven communicator; liaise across various business units and promote organizational success.
• Rapidly adapt to new technologies and possess expertise with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and
broad range of statistical software.
• History of excellence in: Financial Modeling − GAAP / IFRS Compliance − Risk / Quantitative Analysis −
Reporting Processes − Joint Ventures and Partnerships − Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) − Financial
Statement Preparation − Multi-industry / Sector Expertise − Due Diligence / Mergers − Trend Forecasting
− Statistical Software Tools − Executive Presentations
SILAS INDUSTRIES CORPORATION, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 6/2005−Present
Senior Financial Analyst
• Review financial statements and analyze sales revenues, costs, expenses, and tax rates for all business units
of leading process automation company.
• Develop detailed spreadsheets to identify trends and develop forecasts. Consolidate and analyze monthly
results and budgets.
• Create and deliver presentations, providing recommendations on short- and long-range ROI. Spearheaded
due diligence for $5.2-billion joint venture, identifying key risk factors and forecasting investment
• Established new forecasting tracking and management reporting system to improve availability and
accuracy of financial data, triggering 15% increase in accuracy.
MORGAN & DOAKES, INC, Oakmont, Pennsylvania 8/2000−6/2005
• Conducted quantitative analysis of financial data to forecast revenue, identify future trends, and assess risk
associated with capital expenditures, acquisitions, and joint-venture projects for large real estate investment
• Compiled and reviewed complex data to assess multimillion-dollar accounts and business units.
• Developed comprehensive reports, abstracts, and charts to present data and guide investment strategies.
• Performed ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
• Integral in ensuring due diligence involving $12-million acquisition.
• Improved operational efficiency of finance systems by 9% through implementation of streamlined data-
• Contributed to 12% growth trend by developing strategic recommendations for management regarding
FISCHER & SONS, LLC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 7/1999−6/2000
• Assisted with financial analysis, forecasting, and risk assessment for a boutique investment firm.
• Supported and collaborated with Senior Financial Analyst in executing buy-sell process.
Master of Science in Accounting – 2005 UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in Economics & Finance – 2000 POINT PARK UNIVERSITY, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)